Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Hair Extensions and other Hair topics.
OK, you've invested in quality hair extensions and you want to get your money's worth out of them—that's only natural. Caring for hair extensions, however, is a bit different from caring for your own natural hair. Here are some tips:
• Use a soft bristle brush and starting from the bottom, gently working your way up
• At night, tie your hair up gently and never sleep with wet hair
• If the shade's not exactly right, don't try to color your hair extensions yourself.
• Go to a salon to get it done
• If you have braid extensions, run your fingers through the braids to help prevent tangling
• Don't spray extensions with conditioners or silicone-based products—they can cause braids to slip