Before you take the plunge and dye your hair Outrageous Cherry, you might want to experiment a bit with a form of hair color that's not permanent. Hair colors come in five types:
• Temporary hair color lasts from one shampoo to the next and is deposited on the outside of the hair shaft
• Semi-temporary hair color lasts from 4-6 shampoos. It usually does not contain ammonia and doesn't have a developer
• Demi-permanent hair color usually contains little or no ammonia and uses a low peroxide developer—the color lasts about 6 weeks and gradually fades back to the natural shade
• Semi-Permanent hair color usually contains some ammonia and uses a developer of 10 to 20 vol.
• Permanent hair color formulas change the natural hair color and require maintenance to new hair growth after 4 to 6 weeks—that means touching up those roots!
Now one of the top on-line publishers in the world, LifeTips offers tips to millions of monthly visitors. Our mission mission is to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. Expert writers earn dough for what they know. And exclusive sponsors in each niche topic help us make-it-all happen.