Tips on Black Hair Styling
Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Drying & Styling and other Hair topics.
Do you have any tips on styling black hair?
Extra care must be taken during black hair styling to ensure you don't damage your hair. Here are some tips on treating your hair with respect:
- Always use a wide toothed comb with rounded ends and no seams when combing wet hair.
- Seams in combs or the bristles of brushes can snag the hair and cause breakage.
- If combing through your hair is difficult try spraying on a leave in conditioner before combing to detangle your hair.
- Avoid over use of blow dryers on black hair. Whenever possible, leave the hair slightly damp to avoid drying out your hair.
- If you must dry your hair completely, use the blow dryer only until the hair is dry or use a blow dryer with a cool set button and use cool air to finish off your blow drying.
- Always use a curling iron with heat control during black hair styling. Only set it to the minimal heat setting that will achieve the desired results. Using too much heat during curling can burn and damage your hair.
- If your hair is relaxed, colored or permed be especially careful when using a brush on your hair. Try using a paddle brush with plastic coated tips to avoid scratching the scalp and never use a brush on wet hair as it is at its most fragile in this state.
Nobody has commented on this tip yet. Be the first.